where did you get this illustrations? they are amazing!
Memory & Madness
A downloadable game
Memory & Madness 2nd Edition is now available for download. The second edition rules include:
- New focus on Agent vs. Agent skirmishes
- New units, weapons, gear, and powers
- Expanded rules for manipulating and maneuvering on terrain
- Several starter scenarios
- Rules for optional play modes, including co-op and solo.
The rules are still in development, so please send feedback!
Also, be on the lookout for the Memory & Madness Roleplaying Game (coming Q2 2022).
WELCOME TO THE SUBCONSCIOUS
Memory & Madness is a 28mm miniature skirmish game wherein teams of rival agents infiltrate the subconscious of a comatose high-priority target. There, the Agents attempt to find and extract fragments of the subject’s memory.
Omega Team seeks to unearth intel that will advance their sinister agenda. Meanwhile, Alpha Team needs to use the same information to thwart a hostile nation’s plans.
Posing a threat to both teams is The Madness—a horde of negative psychic energy that is gradually destroying the subject’s subconscious. The activities of the Agents while embedded in the subconscious can have unintended consequences, many of which inadvertently aid The Madness.
Violence; allusions to mental illness and trauma.
Films like Dreamscape (1984), The Matrix (1999), The Cell (2000), and Inception (2010) as well as video games such as Call of Duty: Black Ops III (2015) and Control (2019).
Memory & Madness was originally created for the OPR Game Jam #4. The jam had the following rules and constraints:
- Games had to be created over the course of 48 hours.
- Submissions had to follow the theme: Redesigning Failure. The original OPR edition of Memory & Madness implements this concept by (a) avoiding player elimination and (b) while unit elimination has consequences for game state, it also provides players with opportunities to change their strategies and tactics over the course of the game.
- The game had to fit on a single sheet using a standardized template. Core rules had to fit on the front of the page. Units and special rules could go on the back of the page.
The game has now evolved into a bigger project with an extended ruleset and several major changes and additions. You can play the the second edition now. The original one-page ruleset is still available as well.
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $5 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Support this game at or above a special price point to receive something exclusive.
Feel free to claim a community copy if you can't afford to pay the regular price.
Each purchase at the regular price will add a community copy.
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.